UPDATE: you can now read my Soho Farmhouse review: find out what it’s really like!
Have I told you before that my background is in research ? Not scientific research but business research. So when I heard that Soho House was planning to open a new country hotel (after Babington House), it got my detective mindset in motion !
As a result, I have found the plans and elevations for their new outpost : a new hotel and leisure complex near Great Tew in West Oxfordshire. They submitted the project with Great Tew Estates – to build the complex on land at Tracey Farm, between Great Tew and Enstone.
The plans in details
It’s actually not mysterious to find plans but I was curious to see what they planned. Reading the application, the key points are
- The site would have 30 ‘guest cabins’, ranging in size from one to three bedrooms, some with what looks like either an outdoor bath or hot-tub,
- They will restore the original farm building into a seven bedroom farmhouse
- You can see from the plans that there will be a massive long dining room and a bar with a mezzanine
- A game room / teeny house for little ones will be created in one of the outposts
- A farm shop and cookhouse for those interested in food
- The site will include a fitness studio, two yoga/pilates studios and two swimming pools – one indoor and one outdoor and two tennis courts. There will also be a five-a-side football pitch and a zip wire.
Now, what I would have liked to find is the interior decorations plans but that may still be premature.
According to local newspapers, they plan to open in Summer 2015. I will make sure to update the blog with new developments so make sure to sign up for email alerts below.