Source: Pensão Agrícola – Turismo Rural, Tavira (Portugal)
Here is yet again a great new boutique hotel in Algarve, Portugal.
The region is known for the historic town of Tavira and Cacela Velha, a picturesque clifftop fishing village. And there are deserted beaches that are its best-kept secret.
This small farmhouse, once owned by the Silva Gomes family, was built in 1920 as a wedding present to the owners’ only daughter and it remained a working farm until 1970. It’s now been renovated and turned into a 6 rooms hotel.
On the shady terrace next to the farmhouse, guests can enjoy a delicious, generous breakfast, or take other light meals by the plunge pool (heated in winter).
I also like the idea that you could rent it as a whole unit in the winter months. It sure would make for a special Christmas atmosphere with a group of friends or your family.
So what do you think of this place? Do you see yourself going there?
- 6 rooms, each with a private patio
- From 160 euros in high season
- From 100 Euros in low season
- From December to March, the hotel is available to rent as a unit for a minimum of three nights. Price on application
- Ask for a bed or cot
- Kids can help take care of Ernesto, the donkey at bath, brushing and feeding time.
- Outdoor plunge pool (heated in winter) with poolside service
- Free Wi-Fi, iPhone/ iPod station with bluetooth.
- Breakfast included.
- Dinners and picnic baskets upon prior order
- Honesty Bar
- Beach shuttle upon prior order