Wow, it’s already the 20th holiday challenge! I’m quite excited about it.
Today, Michelle and her Dutch family of 5 (3 kids; 9,7&6 years old) are looking for a nice place to go this summer. Their idea is to find a nice rental on an estate or close to some other rentals, so the children will have some other kids around to play with, if they want to. They don’t like big resorts….so clearly From the Poolside was the best place to ask!
Here are my answers. Hope you’ll like them Michelle.
- Accommodation: Rental / Location
- Min. 2 bedrooms, kitchen(ette) and possibility to BBQ would be great
- Pool (which can be shared)
- Portugal, Sicily or Sardinia
- Budget: max 2000 euros/week
- A nice restaurant and play area nearby would be great too. And a (surf?)beach shouldn’t be too far.
- one big house, 4 studio flats and 3 2 bedroom appartments
- 200 Euros per night in high season
Monte da Vilarinha should fit Michelle’s bill nicely. It has several accommodations, a pool, and is not far from the beach. What makes it particularly attractive is that it is very family-friendly. There’s a playground, mountain bikes to borrow, a small playroom with toys for toddlers…
- 4 one bedroom flats and one two bedrooms villa
- Apartments from 800 Euro to 1350 Euro
- Villa from 1500 Euro to 2300 Euro
While not in Sicily or Sardinia, I had to list the wonderful Borgo Tranquillo again. It’s in Le Marche region and only 30 minutes from the beach. It is just delightful and within Michelle’s price range so she should definitely have a look.
- 7 independent hotels
- 1800 Euros per week for a flat with 2 bedrooms
Relais Parco Cavalonga is in effect a “hamlet hotel” – a series of 7 independent accommodations, in rural houses,the Apartment-Suites, and the separate 15 Rooms of the Casale Antico. Some rooms in the hotel can also be joined together for families. There is also a kids menu in the restaurant and the pool has lifeguards.
- 7 Appartments
- from 1400 Euros to 2460 Euros
- Check latest prices and availability
This property was once a warehouse for almonds and was transformed into the current boutique rental residence in 2013. It comes with a heated pool, a pool for the children, a pool bar, breakfast and some common areas to live in. It’s also really close to the sea.
These places are not near the beach but they are very nice in themselves and may have more availability than the ones above. So I thought I’d give Michelle something to think about !!
- several appartments with 2 bedrooms
- From 60 Euros a night in low season
As this is in the Douro valley, you don’t have a beach but the Douro river. The estate can arrange boat trips or help you rent kakak. On site there is a poool and plenty of walks around. The neat thing is breakfast: ingredients are placed in the house’s kitchen the previous night and the warm bread is delivered in the morning. Meals can also be delivered by a nearby restaurant.
Villa Lena Agriturismo
- 5 flats and one villa
- Between 1600 and 2500 euros
A place for the artists in you here as the owners run art workshop for children in the aternoon and it’s also a residence for artists. The description of the summer evenings with cinema on the square or music concerts evoke the best Italian movies. You can rent a flat in the central area or have some houses a bit further away for more peace and quiet.
This is where I am sending my sister this summer so I’ll have some details in the autumn to share !