Ironically for a boutique hotel blogger, I didn’t do a very good job of finding a hotel for our Paris honeymoon. We had chosen L’Hotel but they mixed up our booking and didn’t have the right room for us. They were not helpful at all finding us another hotel. Plus the reception smelt of old dampness. So not a recommendation from me !
We wandered back out in the streets of Paris and after a few calls ended at one of Paris many five star luxury hotels, Hotel Montalembert.
We wanted to treat ourselves for our honeymoon so went with an expensive one but I really recommend the cheaper ones I posted about before.
With this hotel, I want to start a new format for my reviews. They will be shorter as it seems to me that you will prefer the low-down (what’s good, what’s bad) and then photos. If you want more narrative, let me know !
A well located hotel with great service but impersonal decor
What we liked
What could be improved
- The location : right in the heart of Saint Germain, a short stroll to the Seine or to Le Bon Marché !
- The views: we had a suite on the 5th floor with a balcony and a view over the rooftops
- The service: very classy, attentive yet warm. Really nice
- The bed: really really comfortable.
- The suites are good for families as you can use the lounge and the sofa there for the kids
- We also got a complimentary half bottle of champagne for our honeymoon, which was a nice touch.
- The decor, while clean and modern does look a bit dated in its style. It’s a bit early 2000.
- The size of the room: even though we had a suite, it still felt pretty small and our bed was touching the end wall with the balcony. The bathroom only had one sink and a short bath.
- Price: consequently it is really expensive for what you get.
- Noise: no noise from the street but the lift has a door that keeps banging and if you end up being closed to it, it is noticeable.