Our stay at the One&Only le Saint Geran was fantastic so I’m writing several posts about it:
- General One&Only Le Saint Geran review and general overview
- The food at the One&Only Le Saint Geran
- Activities for adults and kids at the One&Only Le Saint Geran
- Beach and pools at One&Only Le Saint Geran
Of course the main reason that you come to Mauritius is for the beaches! And at One&Only Le Saint Geran you are spoilt. Plus there are several pools to enjoy.
The beaches at One&Only le Saint Geran
The hotel is on its own lagoon and as a result, there are many beaches so you are sure to find a spot.
- There is the main one all along the building and where you have most of the chairs.
- You also have the one closer to the ocean, which is generally less busy as it’s not close to the pool so people without kids will prefer that one. Service is also quicker there as they have less chairs to look after.
- Finally you have the gentle one on the lagoon itself, perfect for families with small children.
The service on the beach is fantastic. Your lounge chair seat under a palm tree leaves canopy which is very handy to hang things from. As soon as you arrive beach attendants come and lay the towels on the chairs for you. Then they bring you a box with iced water and fresh perfumed face towels. It’s only on day 5 when finally we had to use suncream that I realised that it was also to wipe your hands after you applied it.
The box also comes with the beach menu. Read the post about the food to see why that was my favourite part of our stay!
Throughout the day they may come round with an offer of complementary ice-cream, watermelon or just before lunch some crudités and dip. All really nice.
At other times, if you ever need them you raise the blue service flag. They can even come to clean you glasses!
There are regular Mauritians coming to try to sell you jewellery, pareos or shells. We didn’t buy any so I don’t know how expensive and pretty they are.
The sand is as white and soft as you hope. The water has a nice light colour but is not as clear as I had seen in Cuba. Interestingly on the main beach, there are big dips once you walk into the water so you are soon up to chest height. So not one to send the small kids to alone. Of course the water was really warm!
From the poolside at One&Only le Saint Geran
So needless to say, we were in heaven with the three pools!
- at La Terrasse around the restaurant. In theory this is the adults only pool. I didn’t see anyone swimming there during our week as the place was not full. I imagine that when it’s at capacity that’s where people without children will go. The bar tender also told me that kids can go in, I suppose when it’s not too busy.
- At La Pointe, you have the family pool which is watched by a guard. There are several areas within the pool itself, some with very shallow depth so perfect for toddlers. There are enough seats by the pool for you to watch over your children but there is also a lifeguard. That same pool extends to the lagoon side which is less windy and therefore where most families with young children will be
- The spa pool which is a lap pool and very secluded and quiet. Only for adults.
There are some nice cabanas around the family pool but you have to pay extra to use them. They come with a drinks service but still with a hotel of this quality you wouldn’t expect to have to pay extra for using facilities on the resort.
For a bit of fun, you can also have your drinks on the immersed bar in the pool!
The pools are also where the night entertainment is. Every evening you have musicians or a DJ at La Pointe. This is the place to have aperitif, watching the sunset on the lagoon side.
And at La Terrasse, during your diner, groups of musicians come to play lounge, local or dancing music. I even got the party started one night by being the first on the dance floor!
One&Only le Saint Geran, Mauritius
- 162 rooms
- From 436 Euros in low season, 700 in high season
- Half board rates available
- Check their site for special offers, we had a 30% discount for instance
Double queen rooms are good for a family of four
Suites like ours have a wide space and sofabed for your kids
Kids menu everywhere. They’ll also love the artisan with all the cakes, pastries, chocolates
Kids club from 10 am to 10 pm with a great variety of activities, table tennis
- Pool area for todlers, for babies, life guard at the pool as well
- Teenage clubs as well with video games, Mac…
Karaoke, 5 a sides
Food adapted everywhere. They’ll love the artisan
Free waterskiing lessons
Snorkelling and glass bottom boats
- Tennis court
- Boat house with lots of complimentary activities
- Electric bikes for hire