- 15 rooms
- Rooms 1 to 10 are in the main house whereas the 5 other rooms were added more recently and are in a separate building
- Double rooms from €290
- Children are welcome
- Cots are available free of charge.
- This place is probably too peaceful for teenagers and extra beds are not possible so you will need to book two rooms with them
- A restaurant for diner, with light snacks served at lunch
- Organic farm on site, where they grow their vegetables and raise chickens, so your eggs are fresh every morning!
- 3 pools
- Not far from several golf courses
- Less than one hour from Palma airport
- They can arrange transfers from the airport but you will want a car to explore the island
Finca Son Gener is such a beautiful hotel! It reminded me of Cal Reiet which I discovered a few years ago.
The charm of Mallorca yellow stones with minimalist design
The same charm of yellow stones, natural materials, simple white furniture and a “yoga” vibe seems to be part of Son Gener DNA. It is a small country hotel located on an estate dating from the XVIII century between Son Servera and Artà in Mallorca.
Son Gener consists of two houses. The original, called the hotel, has 10 rooms and the recently built house, has 5 rooms. Really boutique, I love that it is so small.
Although the exterior aspect maintains its essence and the initial characteristics of the building, the interior design focuses on achieving a clean and clear atmosphere that invites you to relax and enjoy the privacy. The decoration is simple : there are hardly any ornamental elements and the furniture has been chosen for its refined and natural lines.
Each room has a personalized and unique style united by the nature and tranquility of the environment. They are spacious with big bathrooms and a terrace.
And the little touches such as providing a pool bag and beach hat are very nice.
Relax in the gardens in Finca Son Gener
The gardens with almond and century old olive trees surround the houses where you can observe the sea and the hills. Just superb.
And this is definitely a From the Poolside hotel as there are three pools, all treated with salt, to make the experience as natural and enjoyable as possible. There are two exterior pools and one interior pool in the spa area. The main pool is seperated a little from the main house to ensure more privacy. The second exterior pool is found at the adjacent house with magnificent views through the hills.
The spa has everything you want. In addition to the pool, there is a sauna, hammam, showers, bathroom, massage room and yoga room.
Finally the food should be quite nice too as they are growing their own produce in their garden and aim to offer a gastronomic organic experience. You can try the fruits and vegetables produced from the organic garden. The owners have their own wine cellar with excellent Majorcan wines.
If you want to do some activities, Pula Golf Club is a 7-minute drive from Son Gener and Cala Bona Beach is 1.9 miles away. Palma de Mallorca Airport can be reached in 1 hour by car.
Definitely one to book for getting away from it all.