I am totally chuffed as for the first time EVER, I have planned and booked ALL our travels for the year, well at least until the end of August. Yep, January has been a big planning month: blog goals, personal goals and now travel goals!
Usually, we book only two months in advance as we are driven by what takes our fancy at each saeson. This year,we learned from the great planning we did in the past six months and agreed our plans very early on.
So, here is where we are going this year
- Norfolk, UK: for half term, we are are going to rent a big house with the British side of the family. I came across the Wilderness Reserve and selected the farmhouse. We are ordering food delivery two nights, which should make the logistics easier. UPDATE/ You can now read my review.
- New Forest, UK: Mr Big and I are going back to Limewood as Mademoiselle goes on a choir tour in mid-March. I’ll make sure to update my previous review.
- Bordeaux, France: a quick solo weekend getaway in this fab city to meet my brother and sister. First time in about 20 years that we are going to meet without our partners, can’t wait! I am probably going to stay at Mama Shelter*. UPDATE: you can now read my review.
- Poitou-Charentes, France: before picking up Mademoiselle from my parents’ in Easter, Mr Big and I are going to indulge in a luxury weekend at Domaine des Etangs, a five stars country resort that just looks absolutely fabulous! Cue a lot of photos on my Instagram. Make sure to follow me there.
- Andalucia, Spain: I had a fabulous trip years ago with a friend and hope to find the same warm atmosphere and a sense of sun before the summer. We are staying at the newly opened Mercer Sevilla*. With only 12 rooms, it should definitely have a boutique feel.
- Cap Ferret, France: amazingly, I managed to book our summer house before the end of January. I am over the moon that this is sorted. We loved staying two weeks in a Provence holiday home last year, welcoming family members at different times. Hoping to do the same this year.
- New Forest, UK: back there for the last bank holiday weekend in August. We are going to Chewton Glen* which Mademoiselle really liked last year.
- Bordeaux region, France: ok, this one is not booked yet but I have to note it here. There are a few important birthdays and anniversaries to celebrate this year on the French side of the family so I’m trying to find a great place for a family celebration.
And more to come!
I still have to figure out our February 2018 holidays. Yes, I know, it’s far away but we want to finally do a winter sun holidays and go to the Caribbeans or Mauritius. Given the prices of flights, I want to take advantage of our Amex British Airways two for one companion voucher, so I’m going to have to book a year in advance!
If you have any good tips for great stylish boutique luxury hotels in the Caribbeans or Mauritius, let me know in the comments.
So here you go, all our travel plans for this year. What are yours? Where are you excited to go?
(items with an * are affiliate links, which means that I may get a small commission if you end up booking through there).