It’s not often that I encounter what I would call London style design in a Greek place. Well you have some in Mykonos but they are generally expensive hotels.
Today, I found the Skyros suites which designed by Georgios Carabellas, who is an entrepreneur based in London. No wonder then !
They actually took great care to restore the house using locally reclaimed wood and material and it took them four years to renovate these three houses/stables.
You can now rent them by the week or the night and have breakfast served for you in the morning. There is also a communal kitchen where you can prepare simple meals.
- 3 houses
- From 140 euros per night out of season
- Minimum 7 days in high season
I emailed the owners and they gave me detailed information so read under each set of photos for details.
The prices for 2014 include taxes and charges, breakfast, unlimited consumption of drinks and a maid service two times a week. They also do special prices if you rent two houses (so handy if you go with another family) and if you rent for two weeks or more.
The Moroccan Room
- Approximately 35 square meters
- with a mezzanine, queen bed 140×200, en suite shower room and living area with a 170×200 mattress/sofa where 1-2 small children can comfortably sleep
- 1260 Euros in summer
The Skyrian Room
- approximately 45 square meters with mezzanine, king bed 180×200
- private balcony, en suite shower room and living area, featuring an authentic Skyrian wooden frame.
- There is also a washing machine and a drier, very handy for longer stays
- 1400 Euros a week in summer
The TR2 Master House
- approximately 65 meters on two separate levels, huge bed 200×200, with en suite shower room,
- private terrace overlooking the Aegean sea complete with a vintage day bed,
- separate spacious living area with a white Chesterfield sofa and an orange Smeg fridge fully stocked
- 1540 Euros a week in summer
Gorgeous aesthetics, don’t you think ?