- 63 rooms
- From 220 euros in low season, 400 euros in mid season
- From 500 euros in high season
- Babies are welcome and cots are provided.
- For older children, the sofa beds can be converted at a charge of €55 (£49) per night.
- The beach is only a 10 min drive or you can take the bikes from the hotels.
- A beautiful big spa with an indoor heated pool
- Restaurant serving diner and light lunches
- A cinema for cozy nights in
- Outdoor heated swimming pool
- Honesty Bar
- Easy journey from London either by train or by car. Nearest train station is Castle Cary
- You will require a car if you want to go around and explore Somerset
I usually don’t post about hotels that are more than 40 rooms but this new one really seems beautiful and initial reviews say that it feels organic and small anyway. Plus with the various types of accommodations, everyone, from couples to families can find their happiness.
Quinta da Comporta is of course set near Comporta, 130 kilometers south of Lisbon, in the heart of the sublime natural reserve of Comporta.
It’s been designed by the Portuguese architect Miguel Câncio Martins and plays hommage to the nearby Atlantic Ocean with colours of dunes of white sand, pines and rice fields. There is a clear attention to respecting the environment: for instance the car park is carefully hidden underground. At no point do you ever see or hear staff or cars moving around the site as they have concealed all the workings beneath the hotel itself.
Families can stay either in duplex suites or if they can turn this into a whole holiday, in the fabulous pool villas. There are four of them at the top of the resort.
I really love the look of this place, it seems to combine both elegance and barefoot luxury. Maybe we’ll try this in the spring and do a combo with Sublime Comporta.