- 33 rooms,
- Garden studios are 168 Euros in high season
- Garden view suites are 303 Euros
- Breakfast is not included but you can make it in your kitchenette and enjoy it on the balcony facing the sea!
- Really family-friendlhy especially for babies and toddlers due to the sandy beach, shallow waters and a kids’ pool.
- Cots, high chairs (in the restaurant and in the room), baby baths, baby blankets, baby towels, baby monitor, bottle sterilizer, blenders and potties.
- Playroom for children up to 5 years old, mostly parent-supervised but they offer 4 hours of complimentary childcare in the playroom every day Monday – Friday.
- Additional babysitting available by prior arrangement.
- Restaurant and bar
- Outdoor pool
- Massage treatments available
- Small gym
- Yoga teacher and a Pilates instructor for one-to-one private sessions.
- From May through mid-October, direct charter flights to Chania and Heraklion
- You can also arrive by boat: overnight ferry from Athens
- The hotel can organise a taxi transfer from Chania airport , 15km away. There is also a regular bus service.
Ammos hotel, a true gem for families
If you want a relaxing holiday with great staff, a perfect location on the beach, a true family atmosphere, quirky design touches and good food then Ammos hotel will be your new paradise.
It’s really nice for couples or friends and I saw reviews by a mother and daughter who show that it can cater to any combination of guests. One of my followers on Instagram also validated the choice and said it was a true gem.
The location on the beach is superb within a shallow, sandy bay very suitable for babies and toddlers. The beach is not private to the hotel but in reality, is occupied mostly by guests.
The pool has a shallow area for the little ones and is heated in the cooler months (April, May and October) to an average of 25-26 degrees Celsius.
Chania is only 5 km away, which you could do as a walk (it’s one hour along the sandy beach) or they can arrange a taxi that will take you in 15 minutes at a cost of 8 to 10 euros.
You don’t need to go all the way there though as within walking distance, you will find a small wood/park, a children’s entertainment venue, several mini-markets, souvenir shops, supermarkets (500m), a pharmacy, paddleboat rental and a few local taverns.
Crete has one of the warmest, sunniest climates anywhere in Greece and indeed Europe. The hotel has the following advice for temperatures so that you can choose the best time for you depending on what you like!
April days are generally warm and sunny. Our pool is heated to an average 25 degree Celsius, but the seawater is still quite fresh. You can enjoy sunbathing both on beach and by the pool.
October days are mostly mild, warm and sunny, with an average day temperature of 25-28 degrees Celsius. The sea is warm and swimmable (usually 22-24 degrees). In both April and October, evenings are cool so do bring a light jacket.