A Bordeaux rental perfect for the summer
You are surrounded by classic French countryside: large fields of sunflowers, vinyards, little villages full of charm, markets and old churches.
British taste applied to French charm
The owners are British friends who managed to secure the property at a decent price a couple of years ago due to Brexit uncertainty and the French not wanting to maintain such big houses anymore. They turned it into a holiday rental (but also a yoga retreat) and applied their British taste to the decor while keeping the old French charm.
There are formal grounds to the front of the house and a private courtyard to the rear. The house offers a large drawing room with an adjoining snug ideal for children, a large dining room with an an adjoining eat-in kitchen, plus a library off the dining room which is ideal for an after-dinner drink.
When you book the 6-bed la maison, you will have exclusive access to the swimming pool, activity barn and fitness barn.
There are also two other properties on the estate that you can rent separately or together. La petite maison is a 2-bed farmhouse with 2 bathrooms and La Longère has 4 bedrooms and 2 batrooms.
Looks to me like the kind of place that everyone admires while watching the Tour de France, don’t you think?
Maison de la Vaure, Bordeaux region
- La Maison – sleeps 12 to 14
- La Petite Maison – sleeps 6
- La Longère – sleeps 6 to 8
In total, the estate is £8,000 for a week (Saturday to Saturday) in peak season and £6,500 in mid season.
La Maison, from £2850 in low season to £4500 in high season
La Petite Maison, from £1250 to £1750
La Longère, from £1250 to £1750
- Heated pool and lots of space to run around!
- Ten minutes’ drive from the house the etang vallier lake complex has a man-made beach where you can swim. You can also hire kayaks, go wake-boarding, play mini golf, table tennis or squash, swim in the indoor pool…
- On Friday there is happy hour where all the activities are free so the children can play while you relax in the bar
- Heated outdoor pool
- Activity barn
- Yoga studio
- They can arrange a private chef, fitness classes in the yoga barn, beauty/holistic therapists & more
- Can provide a welcome pack with essential produce and toiletries
- Chillac is an hour’s drive North East of bordeaux… You can drive down (7 hours from Calais, 5 hours from Saint Malo) or fly or even take the Eurostar to Paris and then the TGV to Bordeaux. Car hire is available or they can arrange transfers.