I discovered Justine and her pretty B&B and villa rental in Provence on Instagram. I don’t remember how I landed on her grid but I certainly was immediately attracted by the photos of the idyllic country side life that she pictured.
Seeing La Maison Rousse come into its own
I saw her house being beautified over time, the pool being built and the extra touches that she added to the decor, taking her time to find the right pieces to really tell a story in the house.
Justine and her husband chose to move from Paris to Provence to live another life, slower, more considered but still creative. That creativity shows in the vintage furniture dotted around the “gite” (holiday rental) and the main house. It’s the perfect place for a family holiday.
They have two children, two cats, chickens who all roam free in the wide garden.
The sense of nature, happiness and relaxation exudes from every photo she posts on Instagram or on her site.
The perfect family holiday house for the summer
Justine runs the house as both a holiday rental, a B&B and a villa rental as in the summer, you can rent the whole house and admire the huge orchard and gardens surrounding the house.
The pool will of course be the main attraction for the children. Me, I would happily seat at the table ideally located outside the front of the house facing the garden and the pool.
You can of coure leave the house and explore the many villages, markets or the Ardèche which is only 15 km away.
I really pictured ourselves there and actually wanted to rent it this summer but of course it is very popular and already fully booked. In any case, it’s on my list of dream villa rentals in Provence… Maybe next year.
La Maison Rousse, Lamotte du Rhone
- Holiday rental: two bedrooms and a living room with fireplace overlooking the garden.
- The whole house can accommodate 10 to 12 people.
- B&B bedroom: from 80 € per night
- Whole house in the summer: 3700 € the week
- Cot & highchair available
- Games and toys (see the photos!)
- Fenced pool . 10m X4
- Bikes for hire
- Nearest airport is Avignon (there are flights from Birmingham and Southampton in the UK) or you can take the direct Eurostar to Avignon, with good schedule in the summer.
- Or fly to Marseille and rent a car. Search for flights.