- You could get some last minute ski deals for late season snow holidays. Given how much snow fell this year, April will still be quite white in many mountains.
- Book your Christmas and New Year sun holiday for the Caribbeans, Maldives and the Indian Ocean. If places are booked up already, asked for when deposits are due and call back at those dates to check if people have cancelled instead of paying their deposit.
- Think of renewing your passport for your summer holidays. For those of you in the UK, you will remember the chaos of last summer with passport services so it pays to be in advance on this.
Hotels opening this month
- I already mentioned in my Rome Holiday Challenge that the five star luxury hotel G Rough is opening there this month. It looks pretty special to me.
- And of course Soho House Istanbul is THE new destination to experience.
- How about planning some Easter sun at another five star luxury hotel: Hotel San Francesc in Mallorca?
- Or a romantic trip to Venice. The JW Marriott Venice Resort & Spa offers this rarity in the city : a pool !
Best destinations this month
Where to go
- Asia is still a good destination. It’s the right time for India before the monsoon season starts.
- Or go and live the beach life in Miami as it’s high season in Florida with hot, dry weather. Make sure to avoid Spring Break though
- In South America it’s an excellent time to visit Cuba (which I recommend it’s brilliant) where it’s dry season.
- The Maldives are still dry and temperatures are sitting between 25-30°C, would love that !
To be avoided…
- Mediterranean countries. It’ll be rainy or half cold half hot, nothing special.
- Safaris in Kenya as there are heavy rains
- North America as it’s still cold
[themify_box style=”contact” ] If you want more travel tips and ideas for hotels and villa rentals for your holidays, make sure to sign up for the weekly newsletter [yks-mailchimp-list id=”11d8c09fc7″ submit_text=”I’m interested”][/themify_box]