We go back to Cowley Manor again and again. We must have been about 10 times in the past 10 years : in the first years of our dating, when I was pregnant, when our daughter was 6 months old, and then 18 months old, 2 years old and every year since then.
It’s the perfect stylish luxury hotel in the country and they are particularly family friendly. Kids of all ages can have a brilliant time and parents too. We always feel so relaxed when we come back from it. The spa, the pool, the lounges… we just have a brilliant time and Mademoiselle often find friends to play with as well. What’s not to like !
My tips for your family holidays
- Book a room in the main building as they are cosier and also more practical if you go for diner in the restaurant below and want to use a baby monitor. With older children you may consider the stables room which provide more space and are closer to the spa.
- Talking Poolside, one of the best things at Cowley Manor is that you can go to the spa (with its huge indoor pool and a heated outdoor pool) with your children until 5 pm without any other limitations.
- The stylish lounge area is also a very good space for chilling out as family: huge sofas and open fire where you can spend hours reading with a glass of wine in your hand or a quick snack (as food is available at any time), while Mademoiselle runs around with other guest’s children, plays some board games or looks at books (all provided) without anyone, be they the guests or the staff, batting an eyelid
- Take your little one around the bar for a tour of the papier maché animal heads and invent a story to entertain him/her until tea time.
- Food is ok but nothing special. but the fact that you can have it in the bar and lounge at any time is really a plus. They have a good kids’menu.
- Finally, do take advantage of the location in the middle of the lovely Cotswolds countryside. The hotel can give you maps of walks around and going back, you will surely pass the lamas farm. Kids love looking at them and if the owner is in the fields, he’ll be very happy to discuss them with the children.