How have you all been ? We had a lovely break over Easter in my family in France: lots of good food, good produce, rest, walks in the sunshine, talks with loved ones, just lovely. So lovely that it took me some time to get back into the gist of things ! Anyway, back to business with a review of Le Mas de la Rose today.
- Check here for latest prices and book*
- From 200£
A feast for the senses
I think I mentioned Le Mas de la Rose in passing in some previous posts. It is one of those places where we enjoyed a feast of the senses and those always create the best memories.
From the sights (lovely setting in Les Alpilles, a privileged part of Provence), to the smells (lavender, flowers…), the touch (of the sun on your skin) and not forgetting of course the tasty food, it was just bliss.
Le Mas de la Rose is near Eygalières, a lovely village of Provence, with nice restaurants and bars and even an old castle to visit. It is more a B&B than a hotel (for instance there is no room service) but the welcome is very warm.
We went there more three years ago when Mademoiselle was three years old. We were attracted by the beach entrance pool. Only downside was that there was quite a lot of Mistral so the pool remained cold but she still enjoyed it.
Since we’ve been, they have opened a restaurant on site. If it has good as the diner made to order that we tried there, it must be absolutely delicious.
I am afraid that I only have the three photos below so would advise you go to the website to have a good sense of the rest of the place. I would really like to go back there so next time we are near the region, we will certainly try it again.
My tips for your family holidays
- Rent the apartment which has two separate bedrooms, a kitchenette which is useful to prepare meals and an outdoor space where you can have your picnics.
- Lovely breakfast outside in the morning but beware that there can be wasps. You can easily eat inside if that’s an issue for your children.
- The gardens are lovely and secure so the kids can run around.
- There are a couple of old villages and even an antique roman site nearby so you can also be educational !