- 5 bedrooms, 2 bathrooms and a separate loo
- From £700-900 per week in low season
- Beteween £2800 – £3700 per week in July and August
- 3 night stay available off season
- Make sure to go to the Beaches in Vendée and of course the Puy de Fou theme park
- There is a toddler bed in one of the rooms
- Barn with table tennis and badminton
- Outdoor games including football nets, cricket equipment and other games
- Orchard area, including a huge trampoline, situated under the shade of the trees
- Family’s bikes are available too (on request)
- There are loads of DVD’s, a selection of board games, a games console (PS3) and a wii (on request)
- Spacious outdoor terrace with seating
- Heated swimming pool – Available May to September
- 1 hour from Nantes airport and 45 minutes from La Rochelle.
- You will need a car to get around and in particular to the beaches
British style in the Vendée countryside
Samantha is an interior designer and consultant who 9 years ago bought a house in Vendée. I can tell you that she has good taste, not only because her interiors look really welcoming and well thought but because she chose my native department to buy in France 😉
Vendée is still relatively under the radar for boutique hotels or pretty villa rentals (although I found a few) and my favourite islands, Noirmoutier and Ile d’Yeu, are less favoured by the Parisians than Ile de Ré.
Which is why you should really try to spend a holiday there and why not stay at the beautiful Vintage Curator House .
This 19th Century farmhouse has been refreshed and redecorated by Samantha who spent many happy hours trawling the local brocantes, antique markets and vide-Grenier looking for interesting and beautiful vintage pieces.
The result is a calm, cosy, chic countryside look, which previous guests say look even prettier in reality than in the pictures.
It’s perfect for families with all the amenities you can think of and with the wide sandy beaches of the Vendée coast and the theme park of Le Puy du Fou nearby, you can have some great excursions.