It’s a balancing act to remain French when you have been living in the UK for a while. Everybody is influenced by their environment and while there are lots of great things about London and a definite sense of design, I am trying to retain my inner Parisian with the help of some fabulous brands or online sites.
So today, for those of you who are French living in London or who are not French but wish they were (!), here are some Christmas gift ideas.
- Parisian Chic: A Style Guide by Ines de la Fressange does really reflect the timeless style of Parisians. Great tips on outfits and list of shops you can’t miss
- If you follow me on French book, you’ll have noticed My Little Box, a surprise coming from France every day full of pretty stationery, beauty products and more
- Every year, I buy this Christmas box from Sezane. Notebook, candle, a bracelet, chocolate, an evening bag, everything to have a great Parisian styled Christmas
- Guerlain is the French fragrance for me. Their perfumes are always very classy. I wear Eau De Shalimar in winter and Aqua Allegoria Herba Fresca
- When I go to Paris, I always stop by Claudie Pierlot. They are in London too but you can shop online. Ask your loved ones to group their cash to buy you this very French looking mac or choose one of the cheaper but very Parisian tops.
If you want ever more stylish ideas, I recommend a look at Kate’s super selection on her wonderful site nettementchic.com.
Craving your regular dose of From the Poolside gorgeous ideas for holiday places ? Then sign up for my weekly newsletter.