1/ Sao Lourenco de Barrocal is a working farm which has been in the same family for over 200 years. You are surrounded by olive groves, vineyards, an orange tree garden, and herds of cows. São Lourenço do Barrocal has its own unique beef herd of pedigree cows, which provide produces for the restaurant.
2/ It’s great for families. The farm itself will of course provide tons of great activities for children and they can also arrange horse riding, treasure hunts or fun picnis. In addition, children under 4 are free in the double bedrooms and the cottages,which have two or three bedrooms, provide the perfect space for families to spread, while enjoying some hotel services. A play room is available with lots of books and toys.
3/ It will delight wine and food lovers. The estate produces its own wine and the cellar where they rest is itself just beautiful. Of course you can visit it as well as have wine tastings. The restaurant uses local produce. And breakfast, which offers artisanal bread from Alentejo, local delicacies, and organic ingredients, is included in the price of any room or cottage and is served until 11 am (yeah to a late sleep in if the kids let you).
4/ Mums and dads can have some me time in the spa! Using products and treatments from Susanne Kaufmann, the spa is an oasis of calm and white under a beautiful single vaulted aisle. There are also dry saunas, a hydrotherapy room with a cedar wood bathtub and a relaxation room. The spa is also where the studio is for gym and fitness classes.
5/ It’s just beautiful. You only have to look at the gallery above to see!
Sao Lourenco do Barrocal, Portugal
- 22 rooms
- 2 suites
- 16 cottages
- Rooms from 213 Euros B&B
- Cottages from 413 euros B&B
- Cot & highchair available
- Children’s facilities (playroom) and treasure hunt
- Spa (relaxation room, dry saunas, cedar hot bath and studio)
- Outdoor swimming pool (Spring/Summer)
- Free bicycles for touring the estate
- Walks around the estate (including working farm)
- Full access to all gardens at all times (except organic vegetable garden)
Other activities (subject to reservation and an extra fee):
- Guided tours to the winery and wine tasting
- Picnic basket scenic walks
- Custom bike tours around the region
- Horse riding and lessons
- Hot air balloon rides
- Balance and pilates classes
- Trail running