The owners of Casa No Tempo, which I marvelled about before, did it again . They have now applied their talent for beautiful minimalism to a new place in Lisbon, Santa Clara 1728.
A masterpiece in applying minimalism while respecting an old building
Working with their architect friend, Manuel Aires Mateus,they have restored and totally transformed an 18th century building. It is located in one of the best cultural areas of the city and therefore an easy walk to many monuments, palaces and parks.
If you get tired of the stunning interiors, you can also enjoy the garden which allows for a resting peaceful time after a day visiting the city.
Your little family will be welcome!
The good news is that beautiful place is not restricted for adults; One of the two types of suite can easily accommodate a family with two children.
There are 6 rooms and they are either of the “santa clara” or the “suite tejo” type:
- Suite Santa Clara has approximately 70 square meters and comprises of a very large room with river views, a wide sitting room and a bathroom overlooking the garden. This suite accommodates up to 2 adults and 2 children (in adjoining sitting room).
- Suite Tejo has approximately 50 square meters and comprises of a very large room with river views, a sitting area and a bathroom. This suite accommodates 2 adults.
The owners have also made Santa Clara their home in Lisbon when they are there and live upstairs with their two children so of course they understand the need of travellers with little ones.
Santa Clara 1728, Portugal
- 6 rooms
- The price for Santa Clara suite is €380 per night, including breakfast.
- The price for Tejo suite is €300 per night, including breakfast.
- Minimum 2 nights
- The Santa Clara suite can accommodate 2 children in the adjoing sitting room