Hotel Principe di Salina, I’m totally charmed.
What a lovely, lovely hotel! I like everything about it: the location on an island near Sicily, the views, the white decor, the touches of blue and white in the bedroom, the pool and the fact that previous guests say that the food is delicious! Let me tell you more about Hotel Principe Di Salina!
Clearly, it’s unique asset is a fabulous location overlooking the ocean. Located in the Salina island, you can stop there as you do island hopping and admire your next destination. For instance, Stromboli and Panarea can be seen from the terrace. Sunsets with a glass of wine at hand must be quite a treat!
A family owned hotel with the personal service that goes with it
The hotel is run by a family which welcomes you with kindness and attention and can arrange lots of services for you. For instance, they can organise pick up from the ferry and tickets, bike rentals, diving expeditions etc..
The hotel interiors are beautifully decorated with much attention to detail. The style invites to relaxation, weaving warmth, comfort and tranquility to every area of the hotel. Look at the terraces and lounges in the photos. See what I mean?
Dinner is served at a big social table, which allows you to connect to other guests if you wish. The food gets great reviews and is great value for money , serving local organic food with the added value of a nutritionist having cast its expertise onto the menu.
Choose a room with an ocean view and relax on your terrace or by the pool
There are only 12 rooms and two price categories (classic or superior) all with a private terrace so the difference is in the view. The top floor Superior rooms have the best views to the ocean whereas the Classic rooms overlook the gardens and have a partial sea view.
Poolwise, there is a lovely infinity pool facing the ocean and there is also a spa tub, at a high temperature coming for a natural spring below the hotel.
Kids are welcome but they have limited places for them so you need to book way in advance if you want to be sure to get a space. I think it’s really worth it, looks like a fantastic place!
Principe di Salina, Salina
- 12 rooms
- All floors are accessible via a lift and two rooms are specially adapted for disabled guests
- Classic rooms from 120 Euros
- Superior rooms from 160 Euros
- Cot & highchair available
- Menu can be adapted for kids
- Room service
- Infinity pool
- Hot natural spring spa bath
- Sea port/Catania airport transfers
- Car, scooter or bike rental
- Diving, snorkelling and boat trips to other islands
- Nearest airport is Catania in Sicily or you can fly to Palermo. You’ll then need to take a ferry to Salina. Once there, from the port it’s a 30-minute drive along the coast to the hotel. There are buses from the port. Check Directions for all options from your home.
- The island is small so you don’t need to rent a car and the hotel can arrange transfers to places of interest.