Back to regular content today. We remain in the south of France but in another part of Provence, the Côte d’Azur and more precisely in world famous Saint Tropez. We stayed in the Pastis Hotel St Tropez back in 2009 when Mademoiselle was just 20 months old and had a lovely stay.
It’s hard to pin down what makes a stay at the Pastis Hotel so relaxing. Is it the warm welcome, the delicious breakfast, the cool music, the very nice (heated) pool, the configuration of the hotel… In any case, as soon as we walked in, we felt more relaxed even after a delayed and stressful flight.
Don’t worry abou the road: push the door and step into a little heaven
The hotel is close to a road and the outside doesn’t’ seem special. But once through the door, you are happily surprised by the funky hall and living room and even more by the courtyard. An heated pool is surrounded by all the bedrooms, palm trees gently move in the light breeze, noise is totally absent and we spent may an afternoon happily relaxing there.
It is only a 10 minutes stroll to the village, the harbour and the Place des Lices. Saint Tropez is not really my kind of place as it is too flashy, bling bling and focused on money. But trying it once in out of season (we went in May) is a good way to experience the pretty streets and imagine what the village was like before its worldwide fame. It’s also a good time to enjoy the beautiful beaches there (the photo above is at the famous Pampelonne beach) as weather is generally really pleasant and even hot at that time of the year.
Because at the time I didn’t have the blog, some of the photos below are from the hotel site itself. The photo of me is to show you the courtyard that I mentioned above (look behind me !!).
In short, a relaxing, warm, friendly and beautiful place. Highly recommended
My tips for your family holidays
- We had room 6, which was perfect as it was on the ground floor, next to the outside space where you have breakfast.
- Even though the hotel is labelled as romantic you can easily go with young children. They are very acommodating and welcoming with them
- Older kids may like the piano which they very willingly let you practice on
- Book a babysitter via them for a romantic diner à deux in the village
- You can’t have diner there but lunch is really good. You can if you need, buy a pizza in the evening and they will plate it for you.
- 10 bedrooms
- from 225€
- Book it*