Source: Finn Lough | Home | Holiday cottages in Northern Ireland
Given that we just came back from a week in a country estate in Suffolk, I have a particular interest for other nature escapes. Finn Lough, in Ireland, seems absolutely magical for that purpose.
Their positioning is all about “boing back to nature” and the setting, lodging and activities should certainly help with that.
Finn Lough: a range of accommodations for all
Situated one mile from the Donegal/Fermanagh border, Finn Lough is a 75 acre peninsula resort. It offers both lodges to rent but also suites like in a hotel. The ultimate experience is to stay in the “bubbles”.
- Families and groups can enjoy large three bedroom lodges, complete with fully equipped kitchen, dining room, lounge and all with complimentary Wi-Fi. The Lakeside Lodges offer open fires along with fantastic lake views from the private waterside garden and balcony. They sleep 6 persons.
- The suite rooms are perfect for couples looking to get away from it all with king size beds, roll top baths, walk in rain showers, fluffy robes, slippers, iPod dock, flat screen television, tea and coffee making facilities and free WiFi. And it includes a daily cooked breakfast.
- The Forest domes seem quite an experience: sleeping in a luxurious four poster bed under a canopy of leaves and stars in the heart of the lakelands is surely very different; Some even have a kitchen/living room so you can go with your children.
Great healthy food to restore you
The resort Restaurant offers daily breakfast, lunch and evening meals made with fresh local ingredients all sourced within a 30 mile radius.
Also on offer are a selection of afternoon teas to suit all tastes whether you fancy something sweet, savoury or want to indulge in some local delights.
Activities for everyone in the family
There is plenty to do: walks in the woods, around the lake, tennis, table tennis, pool and table football, kayak and even some kind of murder games! Or you could just sit at the picnic tables by the fire pit admiring the peacefulness of the lake in front.
There also kayaks and mountain bikes available for rent with tours to local highlights on offer.
For kids, there are outdoor and indoor playrooms with lots of games if the nature activities don’t suit or in case of rainy days.
Finn Lough Resort, Ireland
- 3 suites
- 2 domes
- 10 cottages
- Suites from £125 B&B
- Bubble rooms from £175 B&B
- The smart lodges from £365 for a two-night stay
- Cot & highchair available
- TV & games Room onsite
- There are plenty of castles nearby to explore!
- Tennis court
- Two marinas
- Kayak and mountain bikes for hire