The last time Mr Big and I went to San Sebastian, we were totally unable to enjoy the city as we had a terrible case of stomach bug. The tapas run was a bit weird as really we only fancied soup!
So we’ve always said we’d be back and now with the opening of the Akelarre, we have a perfect place to stay.
Akelarre: a gastronomic restaurant AND a designer pad!
Initially, this is where chef Pedro Subijana delivers fantastic food in his restaurant. Now, there is also a brand new design hotel with a pool and a spa!
The Spa features a hydrotherapy pool, a steam bath, sauna, and three treatment rooms, one of them double
The rooms have fantastic view of the ocean and the coastline. The style is contemporary and elegant but not too cold. Some also have a terrace where breakfast can be served.
And if you want to splurge, you can also go for the Akelarre suites which have their own heated plunge pool!
I bet you that next time we will have a better gastronomic and hospitality experience! I can’t wait.
Akelarre, San Sebatian
- 22 rooms
- Double rooms from €360 (£318) in low season; and from €500 (£442) in high. Breakfast included.
- Cots are free and an extra bed costs €90 (£80).
- a free transfer service to the city centre twice a day and buses stop nearby too.
- Spa and fitness centre
- Sone pool with hydromassage jets
- 3 Michelin star restaurant